If you’re new here, read this first.
What follows is my personal log of turning pro in my writing – showing up to the table, facing the Resistance, and welcoming the muse when she graces me with her presence.
The goal is obvious from the title of this site – 500 words per day, Monday through Friday. Weekends are my time for family, creativity, and exploring new topics for the coming week.
January 2018 – By the Numbers
- January 23: 584 words (4 Things No One Tells You About Being a Parent)
- January 22: 683 words (Writing is Like Jenga)
- January 19: 634 words (How to Start a Side Project)
- January 18: 560 words (Knowing Our Achilles)
- January 17: 520 words (Equal and Opposite)
- January 16: 562 words (Habits, Aging, and Entropy)
- January 15: 557 words (Being Okay)
- January 12: 600 words (Create or Hate)
- January 11: 508 words (The Speed of Discovery)
- January 10: 764 words (Like a Moth to a Flame)
- January 9: 670 words (Hiking Alaska, Floating Canada, and Hitchhiking America)
- January 8: 531 words (What Would This Look Like if I Were Happy)
- January 5: 503 words (Do It For You)
- January 4: 585 words (How to Not be an A*shole)
- January 3: 946 words (The 3 S’s of Great Work)
- January 2: 617 words (Eat, Drink, and Work: The Wisdom of an Ancient King)
- January 1: 543 words (Turning Pro)
500 WORDS IN YOUR INBOX
Join thousands of others creating the best version of themselves.
New essays delivered every Sunday.